Real Estate Acquisitions Analyst
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Real Estate Acquisitions
- Denver, Colorado
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Acquisitions Analyst is on the cutting edge of leveraging proprietary data and analytics to facilitate Progress Residential’s single-family home acquisitions and investment process. The role lives at the intersection of a high-speed Wall Street institutional sales and trading desk mixed with the tangible nature of real estate and a best-in-class operating platform. Leveraging the Company’s tech-enabled acquisition platform, the Acquisitions Analyst will identify, underwrite, bid on and negotiate the acquisition of hundreds of properties per month through multiple acquisition channels. The Acquisitions Analyst will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of rental rates, leasing absorption, property values and expected return profiles to construct a robust portfolio of high-quality, entry-level single-family residential rental homes.
As an Acquisitions Analyst, you will be trained and supported by senior members of the Acquisitions team along with various other internal departments to develop the skills and knowledge needed to be successful. This includes, but is not limited to, the firm’s Quantitative Strategies group, a centralized transaction management group, and Progress Residential’s local operators who will provide bottom-up feedback from the market.
- Selects, underwrites, bids on and acquires single-family homes offered for sale on the Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”) as well as through other sources
- Participates in pricing/underwriting bulk portfolio opportunities
- Executes market specific strategy defined by the firm’s Investment Committee and centered around desired capital allocation, asset selection, and targeted returns
- Uses proprietary data visualization tools and systems to make thoughtful investment decisions
- Works cross functionally to participate in investment, operational, and asset management decisions
- Fulfills ad hoc requests on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Previous experience as a financial, revenue, real estate, or banking analyst
- Prior real estate and underwriting experience preferred, not required
- Experience with property valuations and market data preferred, not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Power BI, Looker and Power Point) as well as other computer applications
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively with the ability to interact effectively inside and outside the organization
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
- A work ethic that is second-to-none
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.