Regional Construction Estimator
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
The Regional Construction Estimator will assign renovation repairs by selection the best general contractor based the scope of repairs and contractor’s capacity. This will include reviewing the areas of coverage, past performance and scope of repairs that the general contractor has capacity to complete timely.
The Regional Construction Estimator position will be responsible to communicate with general contractors to provide feedback on program renovation costs and quality of repair scopes provided. This will include material and labor cost changes by market. Ensure that general contractor has all labor and material to complete renovations prior to awarding job.
* Review renovation scopes to select the best vendor with capacity and coverage area.
* Collaborate closely with Regional Construction Estimator peers to ensure we identify trends in renovation material and labor cost changes.
* Maintain a list of general contractors with coverage areas and list of repair items contracted
* Look for opportunities improve best-practice based processes
* Identify and work with National Director Preconstruction on areas that need additional capacity for renovation vendors.
* Evaluate specialty vendors on completion times and communicate delay trends to the National Director of Preconstruction.
* Assign vendors to all renovations within 2 business days.
* Collaborate with the Project Coordinator to ensure all renovations are assigned and vendors have accepted the job.
* Train and mentor vendors to grow and manage renovations to complete timely with quality.
Pivotal Experience & Expertise
* A minimum of a High School diploma and a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations preferred.
* 3-7 Years of estimating or construction experience.
* Ability to collaborate with business units and functional partners like Procurement, Vendor Management and Project Coordination.
* Extensive experience in a large scale, complex procurement environment strongly preferred
* Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
* Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation system
* Strong organizational skills, including planning, scheduling and follow-up capabilities
* Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
* Strong strategic mindset, planning and problem-solving skills
* Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to "sell" procurement’s value and to run procurement as a services business like any other well-run professional services business
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and other scope of work software
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.