Regional Service Director
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Regional Service Director provides operational analysis, guidance, subject matter expertise, training and follow-up needed to achieve the MSA and company goals. The position assists in establishing policies, processes, procedures and standards for Service and Turns (and non-centralized Renovations). This position provides support to the Regional Director/VP and helps establish the strategic direction of company goals, initiatives and processes. The position also ensures that appropriate and consistent business requirements are established and met within the group. This position plays a critical role in the roll-out and training of policies and procedures for the company.
- Decision Quality
- Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Developing Effective Teams
- Through inspections, train and guide region in adherence to company standards and drive consistency of RTS approach between markets and other RSD’s for company guidance
- Provide observations and support to the Regional Renovations Director on renovations
- As the Subject Matter Expert for all RTS related operations, optimize performance and results
- Assist markets with identifying vendor needs, management and cost control measures/initiatives
- Participate and lead in a culture of accountability predicated on collaboration and empowerment
- Identify Best Practices and promote a culture of innovation to improve processes/procedures, while recognizing and rewarding top performance
- Understand staffing ratios and monitor to produce maximum/optimal performance staffing level
- Assist in team member development and succession and retention efforts, while providing support of hiring, promotion, counseling, termination recommendations to RD/RVP/POD and assist as requested, while supporting the sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding of the Service Directors position and market service and turns (and non-centralized renovations)
- Understand, review, monitor and assist in improving: service and turn KPI’s (and non-centralized renovations), fleet utilization, move-in and service request surveys, while accenting performance accomplishments as well as areas of opportunity, especially regarding T-30 and T-7 results and evaluating/communicating T-7 concerns requiring action
- Work with VPs of Service and Turns regarding national program support and local implementation, market service and turns review and performance standards, while executing preventative maintenance and mid-lease inspection programs
- Oversee quality control of completed make ready product to company standards and review control process to ensure company standards are achieved and reviews/approves make ready scopes, invoices and change orders above MSA approval limits
- Provide guidance on scope creation and bid reviews for complex issues and major incident and disaster repairs
- Support markets in keeping make ready turn days w/in budget and w/in national turn initiatives
- Assist renovations group with quality control, per company standards and communicates observations accordingly, while providing oversight through the Service Director and Senior Project/Make Ready Manager for non-centralized markets
- Work with VPs of Service, Turns & Procurement to enhance program value and drive down costs driving market teams to achieve budgeted/desired annualized Capex & R&M cost per home
- Guide the market RTS personnel to reduce volume and timelines of homes in down status
- Work with EVP of Ops on company objectives, KPI’s, performance, training needs and meetings
- Attend weekly meetings/calls and attend and participate in market full team meetings, each market at least once per quarter with RD/RVP and PODs to ensure region/market consistency
- Attend National RTS calls confirming market awareness/understanding and focus on challenges
- Safeguard markets that are self-performing renovations have appropriately split and trained staffs to handle both renovations and turns, depending on the focus required
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on Dash/Relay product and process; be a product and training resource for MRC’s, MRM’s, and MRS’s, while providing Dash/Relay resource training, especially follow-up/ongoing support
- Provide direct training as requested by the company or RD/VP as well as periodic policy/procedure and safety training sessions for RTS functions/roll-outs, as needed and all RTS personnel are being trained and compliant via Progress Ed
- Work with EVP of Ops and RD/RVP on company objectives and review weekly national RTS update, KPI’s, performance, training needs and meetings to determine market focus
- Substitute for Service Directors when positions are open, and concerns with the market are high
- Communication of company goals, results, reviews, actions within markets, regions and nationally
- Communicate to RD/RVP agreed upon weekly/monthly RTS actions (Hot List) and market visit objectives, frequency and approach, while attending market financial calls/meetings
- Assist the region with driving resident satisfaction and retention efforts, while driving optimal survey responses, via Google, move-in and service requests
- High School graduate required. College degree preferred
- 15 or more years of experience as a residential regional maintenance supervisor; regional or director level experience is required
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of scoping, contracting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliances, landscaping, irrigation systems and pricing as they relate to single family residential homes
- Mastery of general IBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel 50% or more depending on the needs of the Markets
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and after-hours emergencies
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Advanced computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Salesforce and Yardi Voyager preferred
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Moderate climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.