Regional Vendor Manager
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
This position exists to ensure that there is an adequate capacity and capability of contracted service and trade vendors to fulfill the needs of the Renovation, Turn, and Service (RTS) teams in the region’s MSA’s. The RVM is accountable to ensure their Region’s needs are identified and filled as it relates to vendor cost and service performance. The RVM will also own the overall Progress Relationship with the Vendor Network. (Note the day-to-day order management falls the RTS leadership in the MSA.) The RVM will also partner with the vendor engagement team to execute the onboarding and sourcing workflow on a vendor-by-vendor basis. The RVM with coordination of the VE/Vendor Specialist, ensures those vendors have a solid understanding of Progress Residential business practices required to perform satisfactorily as a preferred service vendor. This role also resolves any pricing or performance-related issues that the RTS teams have with the contracted vendors, ranging from coaching for success to vendor replacement.
* Manages the sourcing and ultimate onboarding of contracted service organizations, vetting against standards including, but not limited to: a) wiliness to work under negotiated fee-for-service terms; b) use of preferred manufacturers’ products in completing work; and c) utilization of Progress Residential’s workflow tools [e.g., Salesforce, Yardi Vendor Café, etc.], identifying the respective regional RTS teams’ service needs as well as ensuring that there are enough contracted vendors to satisfy that demand d) use data driven analysis to make proactive vendor recommendations to vendor cost and performance
* Coordinates and prioritizes with Vendor Engagement in their execution of these workflows sourcing and onboarding vendors through the compliance and onboarding process. Includes training, coaching and performance management of assigned employees.
* Leverages well-developed in-person and distance relationship building strategies to effectively manage the business lifecycle of all contracted service organizations with a critical component of maintaining an effective vendor performance feedback loop from the respective regional RTS teams (or regional leaders) -- NOTE: In cases where a vendor(s) is/are not meeting expectations, incumbent may be required to provide coaching for improvement, formal vendor disciplinary action(s), or ultimately terminate the relationship.
* Mediates escalated issues from regional RTS teams and/or contracted service vendors for the appropriate resolution that serves the long-term needs of Progress Residential and its customers
* Uses experience and tradecraft to recommend process and system improvements to leadership, Assist is solution development and participate in deployment including leading change w/in the vendor network.
* Assists in ensuring newly contracted vendors have the appropriate level of understanding and awareness of Progress Residential business standards (e.g., preferred materials vendor programs, invoicing process, quality expectations, etc.) to maximize the likelihood of success with the newly contracted service vendor
* Regularly communicates formally and informally with all applicable stakeholders regarding status of any outstanding business transactions, updates to existing business process guidelines, check-ins regarding the strength and effectiveness of the business relationship, etc.
* At least 5 years of experience in direct management of contracted vendor relationships, including onboarding, education of new vendors on business processes (e.g., invoicing, preferred supplier program participation, etc.), compliance auditing, service issue resolution
* Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Gathers, analyzes, and draws practical conclusions from data, as well as communicates those data findings to others in a manner that translates appropriately to the respective target audience.
* Proven track record of being able to successfully manage multiple vendor relationships and associated work concurrently in an organized manner in a time-sensitive environment
* Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and property management software
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel (e.g., pivot tables, and VLOOKUPS, etc.); Word (e.g., basic document formatting, etc.); and Outlook (e.g., message composition/formatting, meeting scheduling, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to write with clarity to a variety of stakeholders
* Ability to travel by airplane 30% of the time to assigned U.S. geographic markets (i.e., 3-4 trips per calendar quarter)
* Work experience involving the construction or home renovation industries
* Previous experience with Salesforce CRM and Yardi Vendor Café
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102571