Renovations Scope Reviewer
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Renovation Scope Reviewer for Renovations Management is a remote position that oversees central management of scope reviews, desk estimating and budgets. The position will provide process support for the single-family Renovations function in multiple markets. Working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, this position will provide property level review/approval for scopes of work (i.e. renovation estimates), create scopes of work/ desk estimates using 360° mapping technology and related responsibilities as required. This includes, but not limited to price verifications and troubleshooting of issues. This position will also be capable of evaluating 3rd party renovation bids and roof or structural reports from the markets.
* Review and/or build scopes (renovation estimates) in "RenoWalk "software package, and utilize 360° interior scans and photos, to determine the labor, vendor and material needs for completing renovations project based on Company standards; provide approvals for scopes to the Markets
* Review scopes to verify items and direct rework or rebid items; advises internal stakeholders
* Advises internal stakeholders on issues requiring resolution
* Support the Acquisitions team through answering questions on scopes and resolving disparities between underwriting and submitted scopes
* Coordinate and schedule work through the central Project Coordinator team
* Collaborate with peers and other partners on scheduled calls to discuss outcomes, quality of work, training needs and process improvements
* Associates degree or equivalent work/field experience
* Five or more years of experience as scope reviewer, cost estimator, construction management or residential construction insurance adjustment experience
* Capable of building a renovation scope of work in conjunction with an aligning project schedule for key tasks
* Excellent computer skills: experience in Excel, Word and Outlook
* Strong knowledge of the basic workings of roofing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
* Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
* Good communication skills (both oral & written); ability to work with a wide range of internal and external customers
* Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
* Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
* An effective team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to work remotely
* May require some weekends
* Bachelors degree in related discipline
* Formal training in construction management preferred
* Construction rehab experience with ground up single-family history a plus
* Experience with "RenoWalk" and "Salesforce" software is a plus aid holidays
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102470