Reporting and Analytics Manager
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
As the Reporting and Analytics Manager, you will be an integral part of the central analytical team that provides data, insights and reporting across Progress and its affiliated organizations. Your role will be involved with creating and executing the next generation of reports, dashboards, and analytical approaches to assess the performance of our organization and using these insights to drive actionable outcomes across the organization. The role will perform deep dive research to answer business critical questions posed by senior leaders to understand the latest trends across the SFR industry, competitors, and customers. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the data and analytics journey at one of the largest owners and operators of single-family rental properties across the US.
- Assess the needs of the business, prioritize projects and drive analyses to completion.
- Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business.
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally. Identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic and tactical objectives. Provide insights on trends and drivers behind the results and prepare reports on findings.
- Use modern visualization tools such as Looker to enhance business understanding through artistic, simple, and concise data story telling.
- Use statistical and other quantitative modeling techniques to analyze large data sets, identify business opportunities and quantify risks. Supports advanced analytics including prescriptive and predictive analyses.
- Identify and communicate key insight behind reports and analyses to the leadership team based on reports and analysis
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting. Serves as a subject-matter expert on the team.
- Work cross functionally to identify and implement any enhancements to reporting and analytics processes proactively and systematically.
- May assume project/initiative responsibility and provide guidance to more junior employees or act as a team lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in. Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Master's Degree in Economics or Business preferred
- 5+ years’ experience mining data in analytics and developing reporting using a variety of reporting/analytics software packages with an aptitude for learning new reporting software packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of analytical concepts and techniques including cost-benefit analysis, sensitivity analysis, predictive analytics, optimization, decision trees, performance metrics and scoring
- 2+ years of experience utilizing statistical software such as R, Python, etc.
- Expertise with BI tools such as Looker, Power BI
- Expertise with SQL querying language
- Snowflake experience is a plus
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities & deliverables in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment
- Strong ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage multiple priorities
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.