Resident Relations Manager - Property Management
Resident Relations Manager - Property Management
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Operations - Non Management - Leasing
- Artisan Living Addison Place
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Resident Relations Manager (RRM) provides on-site leasing and community managerial support for the POD in all aspects of field-level operations for a community or assigned area of homes. This includes monitoring, evaluating and communicating pre-construction, final construction and ongoing operational activities for new or stabilized homes. The RRM is responsible for delivering the customer service experience and assists with rent collection, marketing, leasing, showings, application gathering, resident inquires and maintenance resolution.
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
- Optimize financial performance for the assigned community/area by achieving leasing, rent, occupancy and lease-up goals.
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Assist with revenue and debt collections by monitoring cash collections, performing occupancy checks and posting abandonment notices.
- Monitor expenses and communicate observations to POD to promote efficiency with turns and service delivery.
- Manage available inventory through timely communication of construction delivery schedules, as applicable, to appropriate IT and software support departments.
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of the competitive market, including, rents, available product, neighborhood characteristics and general economic trends.
- Provide outstanding customer service and timely responses to customer requests.
- Manage the customer experience by conducting home cataloguing, move-in inspections, move-in orientations and warm call follow-up.
- Conduct pre-construction inspections, punch lists and final inspections for new construction deliveries, as necessary.
- Ensure community is clean, marketable and accessible by conducting daily property inspections and light cleanup of grounds and individual vacant homes.
- Demonstrate basic/light maintenance and repair skills for completing minor service items such as re-keying smart locks and changing smoke detector batteries, light bulbs and air filters.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed to enable assigned community/area/homes to function according to quality standards and operating objectives.
- Carry out other assigned duties that are in the best interests of the company.
Human Resource Management
- Under the direction of the POD, recruit, hire, train and supervise an accountable staff.
- Coordinate and manage available resources to maximize the efficiency and consistency of processes.
- Ensure all training requirements, including Progress ED, are completed on time.
- As directed by the POD, conduct performance management and progressive discipline, including reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
- Ensure staff compliance with all safety standards and related training requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive property management experience or in either the single family or multi-family rental industry required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Real Estate license Required
- Knowledge of basic/light maintenance
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Possesses strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Hold self and team accountable for results and provide timely feedback
- Complete annual performance review process for direct reports and oversee review process for all assigned property management personnel, as directed by POD
- Foster teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interact productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.