Resident Relations Specialist - Market
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Resident Relations Specialist (RRS) is responsible to deliver the Progress Customer Service experience during the new home orientation with each resident. They set the stage for residency experience to include the expectations of the services that Progress Property Management (PPM) provides as well as the resident’s expectations to maintain the home. RSS is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition into a Progress home that will set the expectation of what the resident is responsible for during their residency. They are the conduit that provides the new resident with appropriate contact information to key personnel in the market and organization.
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
- Helps to ensure that vacant on-market homes are clean and functioning.
- Walk assigned homes within 48 hours of "rent ready" and complete home curation and home cataloging
- Conducts pre-move in inspection and completes minor items/submits service requests.
- Demonstrates basic maintenance and repair skills such as minor repairs to home: changing smoke detector batteries, light bulbs, filters, winterization, etc.
- Assist by verifying utilities are connected and appropriate trash/recycle receptacles are at home (if provided by utility provider).
- Reviews irrigation systems to assure that they are fully functional and demonstrates operation with resident, including timer; reminds resident that water restrictions can apply and to verify restrictions with local water utility.
- Ensure Smart Home systems are operational and follow Lock and Security Device Policy, install/Remove assigned self-show lockbox, as applicable.
- Regularly walks vacant homes and performs light cleans to ensure asset shows well and is prepared for new resident, as applicable.
- Inspect homes for scam activity and ensures marketing home materials are present, to include fraud stickers.
- Ensures that exterior of the house is clean and ready for move in by removing small trash.
- Sweeps front sidewalks or patios.
- Prepares home for move in by Identifying any issues, removing signage, re-keying the home, reprograming garage remotes and placing keys back into the lock box.
- May perform occupancy checks as needed on homes suspected of skip or on eviction; to include taking photos and communicating home status to applicable team members
- As needed, posts Abandonment Notices on home and communicates status with photos to applicable team members
- Per writ executed lock out date in Salesforce, appears at lock out
- Confirms lease has been signed and all move in monies have been collected prior to the move in date or re-schedules with the support of Application Coordinator if all documentation and move in monies have not been paid.
- Confirms new resident orientation appointments and ensures home is ready for walk through and move in.
- Performs new resident orientation for assigned move ins
- Reviews key facts about residency to the new resident/s
- Sets expectation with new residents on their responsibilities as a Progress Residential Resident, as well as the Company’s responsibility to them
- Orients new resident to their home and provides key information on rental payment options, service request submissions, and contact information
- Completes the New Move-in Checklist and all corresponding duties.
- Ensures required move in inspection documentation (including photographs) is completed with accuracy and uploaded into Salesforce in a timely manner.
- Completes move in follow-up within 24 to 48 hours ensuring to communicate utility transfers, renter’s insurance requirements and rent due dates.
- Communicates information and methods with cross-functional team members.
High School Diploma or GED required
Must have reliable transportation
Basic maintenance and repair skillset preferred
Comfortable with Technology (Salesforce and Yardi knowledge a plus)
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Experience in customer service or service type business required
Maintain valid insurance at all times
Knowledge of local area required
Capability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced work environment
Ability to work without direct supervision and stay on task
Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
Moderate climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
Ability to identify and distinguish color
Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more
Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.