Resident Relations Specialist - Property Management
Resident Relations Specialist - Property Management
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Management
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth. .
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, New Jersey, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Resident Relations Specialist (RRS) is responsible to deliver the Progress Customer Service experience during the new home orientation with each resident. They set the stage for residency experience to include the expectations of the services that Progress Property Management (PPM) provides as well as the resident’s expectations to maintain the home. RSS is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition into a Progress home that will set the expectation of what the resident is responsible for during their residency. They are the conduit that provides the new resident with appropriate contact information to key personnel in the market and organization.
- Helps to ensure that recent on-market homes are clean and functioning. Identify any areas of concern in/on the asset, prior to showings, by walking homes
- Install/Remove assigned self-show lockbox to include yard signage
- Conducts pre-move in inspection, two days prior to move-in date, and completes minor items/submits service request
- Identifies any issues, removes sign, re-key the home and puts keys back into the lock box.
- Confirms lease has been signed and all move in monies have been collected prior to the move in date
- Re-schedules move-in if all documentation and move in monies have not been paid
- Confirms new resident orientation appointments and ensures home is ready for walk through and move in
- Ensures new resident information packets are complete and reviews key facts about the new resident/s
- Performs new resident orientation for assigned move-ins
- Sets expectation with new residents on their responsibilities as a Progress Residential Resident, as well as the Company’s responsibility to them
- Orients new resident to their home; reviews Resident Guide; and provides key information on rental payment options, service request submissions, and local contact information
- Verifies government issued identification of resident at move in or designated person per company policy
- Ensures required move in inspection documentation (including photographs) is completed with accuracy, submitted for review and filing to supervisor and uploaded into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Completes a follow-up warm call and email within 24 to 48 hours after completing a move-in orientation
- Participates in Market Resident Contact Programs, using telephone, email and text, as required
- Communicates information and methods with cross-functional team members
- Performs occupancy checks as needed on homes suspected of skip or on eviction; to include taking photos and communicating home status to APOD/LM
- As needed, posts Abandonment Notices on home and communicates status with photos to APOD/LM/AM
- Per writ executed lock out date in Salesforce, appears at lock out
- Assist by verifying utilities are connected in newly acquired rental properties and that appropriate trash/recycle receptacles are at home (if provided by utility provider)
- Travels between properties in a punctual fashion to meet with utility company representative
- As needed:
- Light cleans to ensure asset shows well and is prepared for new resident/s
- Ensures that exterior of the house is clean and ready for move in by removing small trash, picking up and discarding fruit fallen off trees and bushes, and using landscape shears to remove unsightly twigs, branches, or weeds as necessary
- Sweeps front sidewalks or patios
- Demonstrates basic maintenance and repair skills such as minor repairs to home: changing smoke detector batteries, light bulbs, filters, winterization, etc
- Change locks or rekey existing smart locks, as needed
- Inspect homes for scam activity and ensures marketing materials are present, to include scam stickers
- Reviews irrigation systems to assure that they are fully functional and demonstrates operation with resident, including timer; reminds resident that water restrictions can apply and to verify restrictions with local water utility
• High School graduate or GED required
• Must have reliable transportation
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
• Experience in customer service or service type business required
• Maintain valid insurance at all times
• Knowledge of local area required
• Some knowledge of maintenance is beneficial
• Capability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work without direct supervision and stay on task
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
• In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection
• We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus
• Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.