Revenue Management Analyst
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Asset Management
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Revenue Management Analyst role is an exciting position solely responsible for helping to make our PRM team the best in class. This position will support the revenue management team at Progress through analytics, innovation, and challenging the status quo. With SFR (Single Family Rentals) still in the early innings of its application of PRM (Pricing/Revenue Management) , we will rely on this person to use direction but also intellectual curiosity to drive analysis that results in innovation. This position will be allowed the freedom to explore all topics and opportunities when it comes to the financial success of both Progress and PR3M (Progress 3rd Party Management). This position will provide primary analytical support to the Pricing and Revenue Management team members but will also work on exciting projects that have the potential to be presented to our senior management team. With our proprietary revenue management software still in its infancy, we will look to this person to evaluate the system with a fresh perspective, look for ways to improve, develop hypothesis, test and/or prove the concept, and put together a case for institutionalizing the outcome. The primary analytical support of the department will include regular reporting duties, proofs of concept of pricing system enhancements, operation’s research, and special projects that benefit our investors. This position plays a critical role in helping Progress and PR3 (Progress’ new third party fee management operator) maximize revenue growth by implementing data-driven pricing strategies with our state of the art, tech-enabled platform. This newly created role represents an exciting career track and a great chance to innovate and grow with our business!
- Is the “go to person” for analytical support, both internal to the department and across departments when it comes to things that affect top-line revenue
- Responsible for regularly disseminated reports for the PRM team, the leadership team, as well as our operational partners
- Evaluates performance of markets/clusters and executes corrective actions for poorer performing cohorts
- Communicates PRM philosophies and results to our operational partners
- Responds to ad hoc requests for assistance from the PRM Team, PR3M Team, Leasing Managers, Portfolio Operations Directors, and Regional VPs
- Works along side our PRM team and our operational leadership to innovate in the way we price our inventory and achieve revenue optimization
- Identifies and resolves PRM challenges/opportunities through a variety of structured and ad hoc analytics.
- Identifies new opportunities by analyzing demand trends within cohorts of homes so as to best leverage data to drive great revenue decisions
- Tests new pricing tools/functions and gives advice to further the efficiency and effectiveness of current tools and processes.
- Supports current KPIs and contributes to creating new KPIs where needed.
- Supports development and/or modification of training materials for PRM tools.
- Acts as change agent to support new PRM ideas/policies throughout the Company.
- Develops analyses related to demand forecasting, demand management or pricing activities (these might include credit risk assessment, market segmentation, customer price sensitivities, pricing strategies and tactics, bundling or unbundling of products and services, etc.)
- Serves the PRM department in providing high level analytics that result in constant improvement and innovation
- Uses intellectual curiosity to question status quo, develop hypothesis through analysis, test these hypotheses, and present the results in such a way that drives change.
- Responsible for recognizing trends and opportunities in the Progress portfolio in addition to their geographic area
- Assists in the continued development of all PRM practices, procedures, policies, and supporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, and related
- 1-2 years of Pricing/Revenue Management experience preferred. Relevant experience may include finance, FP&A, economics, or other analytical roles
- Passion for driving business results through analytical process.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity, creativity, and drive to innovate.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build internal coalitions to drive analysis-driven change through the organization.
- Strong analytical background and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- High degree of organization and time management skills with the ability to independently see the completion of multiple projects within a deadline while managing a daily pricing queue.
- Tolerance for ambiguity (”fuzziness”) of early change management situations.
- Ability to make decisions by extrapolating from limited data.
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools such as Excel pivot tables, database queries, graphing, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to “think out of the box” and bring new ideas to the table, not merely executing tasks as directed from above.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.