- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Salesforce Developer will focus on building and managing Salesforce applications using best practices and scalability in mind. The Developer will work closely with the engineering and business applications project teams to serve various business departments at Progress Residential. The position will focus on development of new applications and enhancements, as well as support of existing systems.
As a Salesforce Developer, the role involves documenting designs, performing code reviews, and contributing to daily scrum activities. The individual needs to be highly aware of the overall strategy of the Salesforce platform and integration points. The Developer will work closely with other senior team leads and architects to assist with design reviews and architecture workshops. Software projects are executed primarily using Scrum methodology, but some initiatives and sustainment development work may be executed in Waterfall or Kanban methods.
- Work with IT project managers, business analysts, and senior software developers to evaluate project requirements, create technical designs and implement changes within the Salesforce instance.
- Participates in software specification, gap analysis, and requirements analysis.
- Develops and refines proofs-of-concepts to confirm requirements.
- Leverages design patterns and best practices for application development.
- Testing, including defining/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) and gathering feedback from pre-release testers.
- Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA.
- Participate in software release and post-release activities, including end-user training and support (e.g. developing demos).
- On-going systems administration, maintenance, and support functions.
- Ability to follow and work within project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Capture, mitigate and /or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure consistency of specifications across sub-systems.
- Write and/or review deliverables, end-user guides, support documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field strongly preferred. 4 or more years of progressive development will be considered in place of a degree.
- 3 or more years of object oriented programming experience: Java or C# preferred.
- Hands-on Salesforce development experience required: Lightning, Apex classes and triggers, SOQL, and Visual Force.
- Salesforce development certifications a strong plus.
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and Field Service Lightning a strong plus.
- Experience with relational databases a strong plus: SQL queries, views, and stored procedures.
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban).
- Proven experience with integrated systems required.
- Software Performance Tuning.
- Software Design, Debugging, Development, Documentation, and Testing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines.
- Solid, detail-oriented documentation skills.
- Strong balance of business and technical skills and ability to “translate” technical concepts clearly to non-technical decision-makers.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries.
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.