Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The Scrum Master will coordinate and execute software development projects under a hybrid model for various business units. Most projects are executed under an agile Scrum methodology, but other initiatives and sustainment efforts may follow a Waterfall or Kanban approach. The environment is fast paced and time to market of applications is critical to the success of the organization. This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to delivering applications for high-quality, on-time software releases leveraging best-of-breed agile and DevOps practices with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of infrastructure solutioning, continuous delivery & integration, and efficient system sustainment planning. The Scrum Master will manage a variety of business-critical projects focusing on cloud platforms using modern microservices architecture and integrations with strategic property-tech partners.
This role is dedicated to setting up projects and leading the delivery of software applications through a team of business analyst, product owners, software engineers, and QA engineers. On agile projects, the Scrum Master will work closely with BAs, Product Managers, and the engineering leadership team to plan out the execution of major product roadmaps, as well as sustainment and enhancements to enterprise systems. The Scrum Master will lead by gaining consensus on all major aspects of the software delivery cycle, by working closely with the technology team and business partners.
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Liaise effectively with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
* Track project milestones and deliverables, and communicate closely with leadership team
* Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
* Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
* Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
* Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
* Log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA and Confluence
* Participate in software release and post-release activities, including developing designs for proof of concepts
* Capture, mitigate and /or escalate risks & issues in a timely fashion
* Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
* Bachelor’s degree required, a degree related to information systems or technology a strong plus.
* At least 4 years of management experience in an operational environment overseeing enterprise level projects.
* Experience in resourcing, staffing and delivery of technical solutions with a given budget.
* Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multitask in a dynamic and fast paced work environment.
* ITIL understanding and familiarity with modern application architecture design patterns.
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with business owners in escalated or tense situations.
* Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban).
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Cloud architecture experience - AWS, ERPs, and CRMs a strong plus
* Flexibility and positive attitude to achieve tight deadlines in fast paced environment.
* Solid detail-oriented documentation skills.
* Strong balance of business and technical skills and ability to "translate" technical concepts clearly to non-technical decision-makers.
* Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
* Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries.
* Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups.
* Scrum Master certification a strong plus.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102455