- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting with the month end close process and ensuring transactions are recorded in the proper period. The position maintains and develops reporting in the general ledger system and is also responsible for balance sheet account reconciliation. The position requires interfacing with various departments in the Company to provide and receive information pertinent to various accounting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university, with an accounting or finance major.
- CPA a plus.
- 3 to 5 years related accounting experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in various software packages including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office,
- Must be proficient in use of various accounting software.
- Use data from different sources to identify issues and quickly identify the central or underlying issues in a complex situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to work independently.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Proven decision-making abilities and positive management style.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Work in a manner that meets budgeted costs and constraints of the accounting department.
- Assist in measuring Company’s performance toward achieving its goals.
- Actively participate in month end close and search for continuous improvement in quality and timeliness of work.
- Completes required account reconciliations.
- Provide assistance with external auditor reviews and annual audits and ensures deadlines are met for supporting schedules.
- Review preliminary statements and investigate unusual fluctuations and unexpected activity.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly internal management reports.
- Maintain and improve reporting as needed to meet management requests.
- Draft and update accounting policies, procedures, practices and guidelines as requested by management.
- Conduct special projects and other services at the request of management, which includes financial analysis and accounting research.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 25,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.