- Job ID
- Job Location
- Real Estate Acquisitions
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Sr. Analyst plays an integral role supporting Progress Residential’s real estate acquisitions team. He/she will contribute to the growth of the organization by fulfilling the information requests of key decision makers by directly querying against the reporting platform using various tools, ensuring the accuracy and relevance of that information, and providing access to information in a seamless and timely manner in the form of data extracts, business intelligence (BI) reports, dashboards, Investment Committee memos, and ad hoc analyses. The position reports to the VP of Acquisitions.
The Sr. Analyst will be trained and supported by other more tenured / senior members of the Acquisitions team along with various other internal departments to develop the skills and knowledge needed to be successful. This includes, but is not limited to, the firm’s Quantitative Strategies group and FP&A.
- Uses Structured Query Language (SQL) to gather and assess data from the reporting database, transactional database, operational data store, and external systems to assist internal organizational stakeholders (e.g., C-suite, department heads, key users, etc.) in making effective and timely decisions
- Facilitates automation of standardized reporting and produces ad hoc reports as requested, using BI tools, and composes abstract summary that synthesizes raw data into actionable insights that drive business decisions (e.g., recommendations on how to interpret/use the data, trends/variances noted in standardized reporting, anomalies in the data, etc.)
- Authenticates and interprets data based on results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining
- Solicits stakeholder feedback and uses own insights to identify opportunities for improvement among existing reports (i.e., better data quality, enhanced visual presentation, timelier generation, etc.)
- Supports continuous data and process quality improvement efforts using key performance indicator (KPI) metrics development and monitoring and the creation of informative data reporting/analysis process documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or operations management related field
- Candidate must have strong Excel, PowerPoint, and data management skills
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- General programming skills or SQL skills a plus
- Strong balance of business, financial, and technical skills with the ability to communicate and drive initiatives cross functionally
- Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.