Senior Director Industrial Engineering
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Sr. Director Industrial Engineering will have responsibility for the Industrial Engineering/Process Improvement team at Progress Residential. Leads the delivery and execution of the operational strategic improvement program roadmap. Works with leaders throughout the organization developing, configuring, and optimizing end-to-end organizational processes based on review and collaboration with functional teams impacted. The successful candidate will be able to strategically analyze and re-engineer business processes throughout the organization focusing on delivering a world class resident experience for Progress Residential residents.
* Leads cross functional teams in continuous process improvement activities utilizing DMAIC methods, practices, and techniques to improve service delivery and resident experience.
* Develops, maintains, and executes operational strategic improvement roadmaps for organization focusing on meeting operational and financial metric goals.
* Working across the organization, facilitates customer journey mapping and service blueprinting workshops.
* Develops relationships at all levels of the organization to aide in implementing continuous improvement and operational efficiency changes.
* Leads industrial engineering team in providing value added analysis across the organization to improve business decisions.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
* Business acumen that facilities ability to discuss projects/goals with Leaders; map out business process requirements and resources needed.
* Proven work experience in leading industrial engineering initiatives focusing on executing key deliverables to drive business growth
* Extensive experience in utilizing industrial engineering principles in service industry related organizations.
* Experience with customer journey mapping and service blueprinting tool methodologies.
* Experience with database, reporting tools, and associated software to perform statistical analysis.
* Clear and concise oral and written communication skills and ability to author messages for different audiences
* Bachelor’s degree required in industrial engineering, operations research.
* MBA or Master of Industrial Engineering degree preferred
* 15-20 yrs experience in industrial engineering with at least 10yrs experience managing an industrial engineering/process improvement team.
* Six Sigma Green Belt required
* Change Management Certification preferred
* Local market travel required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.