Senior Payroll and HRIS Administrator
Senior Payroll and HRIS Administrator
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Human Resources
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Sr. Payroll/HRIS Admin serves as subject matter expert for HRIS and payroll and is the primary point of contact for all HRIS and payroll related matters. The Sr. Payroll/HRIS Admin will play a key role in supporting employees by executing payroll processes, maintaining a variety of records and information, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, providing functional and technical support, and developing reports.
- Manage and ensure the accuracy of the HRIS.
- Regularly perform updates, exports, imports, and system audits.
- Provide and prepare information and reports from HRIS to a variety of stakeholders and respond accordingly to ad hoc requests.
- Review best practices and identify changes to ensure systems integrity and positive customer experience.
- Maintain employee files, workflows, change history and audit trails, ensuring proper controls in compliance with company guidelines.
- Maintain organization charts in conjunction with headcount data and HR Dashboard reporting.
- Develop procedures, guidelines, and documentation to assist with training of staff and new system users.
- Prepare and process multi-state payroll for entire organization while ensuring all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Process garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Process commission, incentives and expense management.
- Respond to manager and employee questions and requests.
- Liaison with HR team to facilitate timely processing of new hires, separations, salary changes, garnishments, WOTC, benefits, taxes, and other database changes.
- Manage payroll workflow and database in a timely manner, maintain controls, and ensure accurate records of all changes.
- Maintain and document all payroll records.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. These reports may include but are not limited to overtime reports, incentive payout tracking reports, and PTO balances/carryover reports.
- Handle compliance reporting including but not limited to EEO-1 and VETS100 filings and sending out annual notifications.
- Serve as back-up for Benefits Specialist.
- Deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in human resources.
- 3+ years of experience with HRIS and payroll.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Paycom, ADP and/or Ultimate Software
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations related to compensation, benefits, and general human resources practices.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and summarize data and facts; establish logical connections; and form sound business decisions based on analysis.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple projects and deliverables within expected timeframes and deliverables.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated passion for the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Intellectual quickness, curiosity, discipline, resourcefulness, and resilience.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.