Senior Product Manager Digital Transformation
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Digital Transformation organization delivers the digital product strategy for Progress Residential and accelerates the seamless delivery of our products into markets. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to the various users of our Ecosystem. The Digital Transformation team is accountable for shaping the behaviors, processes, and practices that enable Progress Residential to create amazing user-centric solutions and build a technology ecosystem that would step change the Single-family rental industry. We embrace a culture of rapid experimentation; constantly strive for improvement and ways we can deliver value for our users. We work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking agile environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and passion for empowering teams by leading and mentoring others.
If you are user-obsessed and passionate to make a positive impact in a growing business and industry as a Product Manager, this is the role for you! The successful candidate must be a data driven thought leader, a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end-to-end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. You will be passionate about your work, self-motivated, detail oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will work well under pace, ambiguity to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Key job responsibilities:
* Obsess over users and work backwards from their needs to develop product strategies, roadmaps, and product requirements that deliver against our core user value propositions and enterprise goals.
* Lead and engage cross functional team members and partners for delivery, maintaining a focus on user needs, while delivering against prioritized outcomes and advancing the product vision.
* Accountability for uncovering strategic opportunities for a large product area within the mobile app user experience. You’ll generate big ideas, define the business case, drive organizational alignment, and bring new experiences to life that delight users.
* Work with cross-functional teams in product, engineering, Research, business and marketing to drive execution of world class products and experiences.
* Own and drive key user engagement and business metrics related to your product area.
* Influence stakeholders and executives to drive alignment and coordinated execution of your roadmap.
* Use data to inform the evolution of the user experience. Prioritize work, recommend future system features and/or functionality based on return on investment, user satisfaction, product performance, short/long term impact and overall strategic company goals.
* Manage the development, production and testing of digital based products. Manage and coordinate multiple product development teams to ensure consistent delivery of features.
* Work closely with other team members and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle, from collecting external and internal user input and gathering requirements, through epics, user stories, specification writing, product roadmap development and maintenance, to feature acceptance testing.
* Define and deliver key performance indicators and/or success metrics for goals and features.
* Author documents including business cases and work orders for new technology investments and resources, monthly or quarterly business reviews, and papers that describe the vision of your product.
* Lead discussions of complex business problems with cross functional groups from all levels including senior leadership, subject matter experts, architects, and developers.
* Build trust through strong, long-term relationships with cross-functional business and engineering teams
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering (or related field) or 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
* 8+ years’ work experience in product management in a mobile or software applications environment that includes product strategy and execution.
* Proven experience in product management of multiple initiatives with competing priorities, multiple external dependencies and disparate resourcing; and proficiency at scaling yourself by leveraging cross-functional partners.
* Passion for driving impactful business outcomes, with a natural bias for action and a desire to get the right things done.
* Detail-oriented with proven ability to independently manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; and proficiency at scaling yourself by leveraging cross-functional partners.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate complex issues and influence others, including business and technical leaders.
* Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills to validate assumptions, develop business cases, and inform roadmap
* Experience with hypothesis-driven digital experimentation (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing) to measure the impact of your initiatives and validate assumptions.
* Proven ability to articulate clear and concise requirements for new products and new features.
* Experience with agile development methodologies, working in a fast-paced environment.
* MBA (or equivalent), with 4+ years of enterprise software product/program management experience
* Track record of leading cross-functional teams throughout the product development lifecycle-from product discovery to roadmap planning, and delivery.
* Entrepreneurial mindset and outcome focused personality preferred, ability to work in an environment similar to a startup.
* Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Data Platforms, Analytics.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.