Senior Project Manager
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The primary responsibility for this role is to serve as a project/program delivery leader, reporting to the Sr. Manager of the PMO as part of the Digital and Product organization within Progress Residential. In addition to unlocking value on complex and cross-functional initiatives, the Sr. Project Manager assists with the continuous improvement and development of the PMO team and coaches business and technology colleagues in problem-solving, project delivery techniques, and best practices.
Day-to-day you will:
- Lead the delivery of complex and cross-functional projects/programs.
- Design a project/program plan using the best methodology for the scenario.
- Collaborate with product leaders, software developers, designers, and business leaders.
- Scope deliverables to improve the probability of successful delivery within 90 days.
- Facilitate the understanding of the project’s/program’s business value.
- Clearly communicate project status and risks using the best modes for the audiences.
- Actively address risks with the right stakeholders and escalate when needed.
- Advocate for the right project/program resources to deliver as requested.
- Actively manage the critical path and milestones.
- Establish project/program cadence and schedule required meetings.
- Ensure there is a plan to transition the project/program to operations.
- Facilitate the establishment and monitoring of project/program success criteria.
- Actively drive the completion of project/program activities and deliverables.
- Develop artifacts as required and design an information management and dissemination plan.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business leaders during project ideation.
- Champion the change required to deploy new and innovative program management skillsets, product-focused mindset, and project delivery methods.
- Assist with companywide capacity planning.
What we’re looking for
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience required.
- Maintain an active PMP certification.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Experience managing programs with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Problem solver who can apply the best approach and delivery methodology for the scenario.
- Learner who seeks to improve their project management and industry knowledge skillset.
- Communicator who is effective and efficient verbally, in writing, and with PowerPoint.
- Experience working with and providing recommendations to executive-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the flexibility required to thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities can change due to market conditions and other environmental factors.
- Experience using MS Project, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint.
Even better if you have
- Variety of value delivery experience/knowledge such as CSP, CSM, DASSM, SAFe, etc.
- Six Sigma training/certification.
- Military experience.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience working in a customer-centric product organization.
- Single family residential market experience.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.