Senior Property Accountant
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The Senior Property Accountant will be responsible for completing accounting functions related to monthly financial close as well as other general ledger functions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
- Cross-train for coverage of other accounting functions
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Perform weekly and monthly expense review process
- Act as a contact person for markets and other internal departments.
- Assist with external financial audit
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Accumulate and maintain accurate reports and reconciliations
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to resolve discrepancies and variances
- Assist Accounting Manager in special projects as needed
- 3-5 or more years of experience in an accounting role, corporate experience preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance REQUIRED
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in Yardi a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR102879