Senior Resident Relations Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Management
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Senior Resident Relations Specialist (Sr. RRS) is responsible to deliver the Progress Customer Service experience during the new home orientation with each resident. They set the stage for residency experience to include the expectations of the services that Progress Property Management (PPM) provides as well as the resident’s expectations to maintain the home. Sr. RRS is responsible for ensuring a smooth transition into a Progress home that will set the expectation of what the resident is responsible for during their residency. They are the conduit that provides the new resident with appropriate contact information to key personnel in the market and organization.
- Acts as a market liaison for other RRS’s in terms of guidance, training, coaching and shadowing
- Provides support to co-workers on using Margin Point, Field Pro, SalesForce and other system platforms
- Acts as a liaison between the market and Renovations, Turns and Service (RTS) by:
- Reviewing Vacant Work Orders (VWOs) submitted to determine if the issue needs to be addressed or left “as is”
- Assisting with assignment of VWOs to vendors ensuring quick resolution on all service requests
- Trouble shooting with other RRS’s when there is an issue at one of the market homes
- Walking homes for Quality Control purposes with the Make Ready Supervisor to align expectations between PPM and RTS
- Helps to ensure that recent on-market homes are clean and functioning. Identify any areas of concern in/on the asset, prior to showings, by walking homes
- Installs/Removes assigned self-show lockbox to include yard signage
- Conducts pre-move in inspection, two days prior to move-in date, and completes minor items/submits service requests
- Identifies any issues, removes sign, re-keys the home and puts keys back into the lock box
- Confirms lease has been signed and all move in monies have been collected prior to the move in date
- Re-schedules move-in if all documentation and move in monies have not been paid
- Confirms new resident orientation appointments and ensures home is ready for walk through and move in
- Ensures new resident information packets are complete and reviews key facts about the new resident/s
- Performs new resident orientation for assigned move-ins
- Sets expectation with new residents on their responsibilities as a Progress Residential Resident, as well as the Company’s responsibility to them
- Orients new resident to their home; reviews Resident Guide; and provides key information on rental payment options, service request submissions, and local contact information
- Verifies government issued identification of resident at move in or designated person per company policy
- Ensures required move in inspection documentation (including photographs) is completed with accuracy, submitted for review and filing to supervisor and uploaded into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Completes a follow-up warm call and email within 24 to 48 hours after completing a move-in orientation
- Supports lockbox move-ins by managing emails, completing post move-in call and potentially meeting the resident at the home following move-in
- Participates in Market Resident Contact Programs, using telephone, email and text, as required.
- Communicates information and methods with cross-functional team members
- Performs occupancy checks as needed on homes suspected of skip or on eviction; to include taking photos and communicating home status to APOD/LM/Property Administrator (PA) or Account Manager (AM)
- As needed, posts Abandonment Notices on home and communicates status with photos to APOD/LM/AM/PA
- Per writ executed lock out date in Salesforce, appears at lock out.
- Assist by verifying utilities are connected in newly acquired rental properties and that appropriate trash/recycle receptacles are at home (if provided by utility provider)
- Travels between properties in a punctual fashion to meet with utility company representatives
- Manages supplies (Rently, doormats, signage, etc.) and audits vehicle inventory monthly for each RRS
- Provides continued feedback, coaching and training for RRS team
- Assists in creating and promoting a motivating and enjoyable work environment
- As needed:
- Cleans lights to ensure asset shows well and is prepared for new resident/s
- Ensures that exterior of the house is clean and ready for move in by removing small trash, picking up and discarding fruit fallen off trees and bushes, and using landscape shears to remove unsightly twigs, branches, or weeds as necessary
- Sweeps front sidewalks or patios
- Demonstrates basic maintenance and repair skills such as minor repairs to home: changing smoke detector batteries, light bulbs, filters, winterizing, etc.
- Changes locks or re-key existing smart locks, as needed
- Inspects homes for scam activity and ensures marketing materials are present, to include scam stickers
- Reviews irrigation systems to assure that they are fully functional and demonstrates operation with resident, including timer; reminds resident that water restrictions can apply and to verify restrictions with local water utility
- High School graduate or GED required
- Current, valid driver’s license in work state and clean driving record required
- Experience in customer service or service type business required
- Knowledge of local area required
- Some knowledge of maintenance is beneficial
- Capability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision and stay on task
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.