Senior Vice President Customer Operations
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The Senior Vice President, Customer Operations is responsible for the successful operation of all Customer Operations including, Leasing, Customer Care, Service Coordination, Customer Onboarding and Retention, and Backoffice. This includes managing all employees and functions required to provide capacity and capabilities to perform these services for our customers. Responsibilities also includes setting the strategic direction for our contact centers, workforce management and technology transformation. Working with internal and external customers and stakeholders, the Senior Vice President Customer Operations is responsible for setting the strategic vision and associated goals, empowering leaders to identify solutions to achieve productivity and performance objectives.
* In a growing and evolving culture of change, be an initiator and champion of change and lead Customer Operations teams through change management.
* Build strong working relationships through collaboration with key stakeholders in Marketing, Operations and Finance.
* Ability to build a customer and employee focused culture with high engagement and overall customer satisfaction.
* Deliver technology transformation roadmap, partnering with IT to deliver business requirements and key capability needs that will improve overall customer and employee experience.
* Able to build trust with executive leadership demonstrating thought leadership and the ability to deliver execution of strategic initiatives.
* Develop and maintain strategic plans that support short and long-term business development and company growth
* Be data driven, provide continual evaluation of key data, processes and procedures; suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to customers and improve overall results.
* Regularly prepare executive updates for programs in process to keep the leadership and management team informed
* Develop high performing teams, starting with onboarding and training, driving clear roles and responsibilities across the organization along with the accountability to key performance indicators.
* Manage internal and external vendors responsible for delivering technology and business process services, including participating in contract negotiations, establishing and monitoring service delivery/productivity/quality standards setting priorities and analyzing costs as required
* Responsible for meeting Progress Residential’s commitment to compliance
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of related experience required. Master’s degree preferred
* Minimum 10 years of responsible customer operations experience required of which at least 5 are from successful management of national operations
* Leadership Skills - self-starting leader with proven ability to see the vision and develop high performing teams that executive on the strategy delivering on business goals.
* Results Oriented - track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization (i.e. analyze opportunities/risks, develop and execute related action plans and deliver results), highly organized and disciplined
* Leadership Development Skills - proven ability to recruit, build/develop and lead teams comprised of a diverse group of scarce, skilled resources in a directly managed environment
* Project management skills and ability to manage people and teams with multiple functions on various levels in the organization required
* Operational Property Management experience is a plus
* Past exposure to marketing and sales programs and functions
* Operations Management Skills - proven ability to identify, collect and analyze operations performance data, market research data, and other related data to improve performance to provide system change recommendations
* Expertise at consensus and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
* Results Oriented - track record of delivering quantifiable results to the organization
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.