- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-TX-El Paso
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
- The Village at Cottonwood Springs
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Service Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is primarily responsible for effective and efficient management of all open service jobs and preventative maintenance for our occupied homes.
- Manage Service jobs providing outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests on occupied homes
- Monitors and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency within their portfolio
- Reviews workload and approves use of third-party vendors as appropriate
- Reviews vendor pricing and approves invoices for completed work
- Provides technical support to service technicians to ensure proper diagnosis and repair of all service jobs
- Administers an effective technical training program for the service team based on the needs of the market, service technicians and customer service jobs
- Follows-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and works to resolve issues with dissatisfied customers
- Manages and executes semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of lease occupancy
- Conducts other property visits for the purposes of occupancy and lease compliance checks, posting notices, coordinating utilities, eviction lock-outs, etc.
- Complies with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Oversees vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, that residents are highly satisfied, and expenses and costs stay within stated company targets
- Controls costs by overseeing maintenance and service jobs and accurately tracking and reporting work
- Communicates effectively with Service Director and Portfolio Operations Director
- Complies with all Company applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensures all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws
Progress Residential Service Team Human Resource Management
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Ensures that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensures that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Manages performance of personnel including, reviews, career advancement path, corrective action, mentoring and performance improvement plans.
- 5 or more years of experience managing service, operations and maintenance in multi-family, single family, military housing or equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Type II or universal EPA certifation to handle refrigerants required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Available to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and evenings
- Available to offer support for after-hours service technicians and / or vendors
- Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
- Ability to effectively schedule and manage multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Understanding of general IBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Strong customer service skills including being able to address customer’s concerns professionally
- Strong skills with MS office products including Excel
- Ability to manage remotely located administrative assistance
- SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.