- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Service Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is primarily responsible for effective and efficient management of all open service jobs and preventative maintenance for our occupied homes. This position provides leadership and daily management over an assigned area and team responsible for single-family rental homes and the residents who occupy them.
Developing Direct Reports & Others
Managing & Measuring Work
Developing Effective Teams
- Manage Service jobs to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests on occupied homes
- Monitor and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency within their portfolio
- Review workload and approves use of third party vendors as appropriate. Reviews vendor pricing and approves invoices for completed work
- Provides technical support to service technicians to ensure proper diagnosis and repair of all service jobs
- Administer an effective technical training program for the service team based on the needs of the MSA, service technicians and customer service jobs
- Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and works to resolve issues with dissatisfied customers
- Manage and execute semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of lease occupancy
- Conduct other property visits for the purposes of occupancy and lease compliance checks, posting notices, coordinating utilities, eviction lock-outs, etc.
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Oversee vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, that residents are highly satisfied, and expenses and costs stay within stated company targets
- Control costs by overseeing maintenance and service jobs, accurately track and report work
- Communicate effectively with Service Director and Portfolio Operations Director
- Comply with all Company applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Ensure that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, career advancement path, corrective action, mentoring and performance improvement plans
- 5 or more years of experience managing service, operations and maintenance in multi-family, single family, military housing or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- EPA certified to handle refrigerants
- Valid Driver's License required
- Available to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and evenings
- Available to offer support for after-hours service technicians and / or vendors
- Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
- Ability to effectively schedule and manage multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Understanding of general IBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations.
- Strong customer service skills and must be able to address customer’s concerns professionally
- Strong skills with MS office products including Excel
- Ability to manage remote administrative assistance
- SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Manage vendor relations, on-board new vendors, and negotiate pricing
- Manage larger project outside scope of subordinates
- Manage subordinate assigned fleet vehicles and inventory
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.