Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
The Service Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is primarily responsible for effective and efficient management of all open service jobs and preventative maintenance for our occupied homes. This position provides leadership and daily management over an assigned area and team responsible for single-family rental homes and the residents who occupy them. Service Manager jobs may be all encompassing (internal execution, execution with vendors, execution specific to Housing Choice Program requirements) or be assigned to one of the 3 areas cited as a primary area of focus.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of lease documents and resident rules and regulations
* Manage Service jobs to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests on occupied homes
* Monitor and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency within their portfolio
* Review schedules and approves third party vendors, vendor pricing, resident charge backs and invoices for completed work
* Provides technical support to service technicians to ensure proper diagnosis and repair of all service jobs
* Ensure that all required training is completed in a timely manner for self and all team members supervised, while administering and ensuring compliance with technical training program for the service team
* Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and works to resolve issues with dissatisfied customers
* Manage and execute semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of lease occupancy
* Conduct other property visits for the purposes of occupancy and lease compliance checks, posting notices, coordinating utilities, eviction lockouts, etc.
* Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program, while managing fleet and fleet stock accordingly
* Oversee vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, that residents are highly satisfied, and expenses and costs stay within stated company targets, while controlling costs by overseeing maintenance and service jobs, accurately track and report work
* Comply with all Company applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensure all properties are compliant with local, state, and federal health and safety laws
* Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
* Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are always upheld
* Performance management of personnel including, reviews, career advancement path, corrective action, mentoring and performance improvement plans
* Communicate effectively with Service Director and Portfolio Operations Director as well as with tenants, owners, and agencies via telephone and email regarding any issues that arise relating to HQS inspections, as needed
* As needed, initially inspect, and reinspect Housing Choice Program properties (example-Section 8) annually for compliance with all applicable regulations and policies, including those of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the city’s Housing Quality Standards (HQS) local building codes and zoning ordinances. Conduct in person inspections/communicate with Housing Choice Program governmental representatives.
* Properly reports deficiencies, determines who is responsible for repairs, and establishes deadlines for completion of work; documents findings and conducts follow-up inspections to ensure that repairs are finished by deadline
* Documents, in writing, necessary work to be completed for units to meet standards and codes
* As assigned, completes the necessary paperwork for newly qualified Progress Choice Homes; performs related duties and responsibilities required and as assigned for these programs.
* Be knowledgeable of local HUD program rules and changes to ensure compliance in conjunction with the Progress centralized Housing Choices and Rental Regulations department.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with local market team members as well as all relationships with Housing Authorities within your assigned region, under the guidance of Progress Residentials’ centrally based Housing Choice and Rental Regulations department.
* Carry out other duties as assigned that are in the best interests of the company while being a champion for Progress Residential’s Core Values.
* 5 or more years of experience managing service, operations and maintenance in multi-family, single family, military housing or equivalent
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* EPA certified to handle refrigerants
* Valid Driver's License required
* Available to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and evenings
* Available to offer support for after-hours service technicians and / or vendors
* Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
* Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
* Ability to effectively schedule and manage multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
* Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
* Understanding of general IBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations.
* Strong customer service skills and must be able to address customer’s concerns professionally
* Strong skills with MS office products including Excel
* Ability to manage remote administrative assistance
* SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred
* Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
* Manage vendor relations, on-board new vendors, and negotiate pricing
* Manage larger project outside scope of subordinates
* Manage subordinate assigned fleet vehicles and inventory
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.