Service Technician II -HVAC
Service Technician II -HVAC
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Service Technician III is a key associate in providing an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. The Service Technician III works on the Property Management team to inspect, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems in our Progress Residential single-family homes if EPA-Type III certified. Additional residential maintenance and repairs are required as needed.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolving the service requests while providing outstanding customer service and being an ideal representative of Progress Residential.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled/emergency preventative maintenance, inspections, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights and ceiling fans
- Fireplaces and Gas fixtures
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors and locks
- Ceiling leaks
- Drywall and Painting
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Other Service areas as required
- Diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues and then repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment
- Report all major repairs or replacements prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Service Technicians will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.)
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Completes service requests in a professional timely manner
- Follow fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality
- All other duties assigned
- This role is considered Safety Sensitive and full compliance with all fleet policies and procedures must be adhered to at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- An EPA Certification with a minimum of Type III Required
- HVAC Training from a Technical College or Trade Program is highly preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License in the working state
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general service or other service responsibilities that will include the ability to recognize electrical plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures, and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- Employee must have their own basic tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical
- Minimum 2 years’ experience repairing all makes & models of residential appliances in customers’ homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot typical issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components on standard household appliances is preferred
- Ability to install all makes & models of residential appliances preferred
- Available for on-call Service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally
- Strong organizational skills, communication and people-skills
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.