Service Technician III - HVAC
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Service Technician III - HVAC is a key associate in providing an outstanding customer experience while providing cost and expense controls. The Service Technician III - HVAC works on the Property Management team to inspect, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems in our Progress Residential single family homes. Additional residential maintenance and repairs are required as needed.
- Ability to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate steps necessary to resolving the service requests while providing outstanding customer service and being an ideal representative of Progress Residential.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled/emergency preventative maintenance, inspections, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, and flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights and ceiling fans
- Fireplaces and Gas fixtures
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors and locks
- Ceiling leaks
- Drywall and Painting
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture
- Other Service areas as required.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues and then repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment.
- Report all major repairs or replacements prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Must be aware of the condition of the property at all times and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Service Technicians will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations (such as Lead Based Paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Program OSHA, etc.)
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Completes service requests in a professional timely manner.
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- All other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general service and maintenance experience (painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repair, etc.)
- Technical College or Trade Program with HVAC Certification is Required
- EPA Certification Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing routine maintenance, cleaning, inspection and repair of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, water heaters, and related piping and electrical.
- Experience repairing all makes & models of residential appliances in customers’ homes preferred
- Ability to maintain, inspect, diagnose and troubleshoot advanced issues and then repair or replace defective equipment or components on standard household appliances preferred
- Ability to install all makes & models of residential appliances preferred
- Required equipment - Employee must have their own tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment.
- Maintain reliable transportation daily that can professionally and safely transport required materials necessary to perform job functions (i.e. ladders, hot water heaters, appliances, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver’s license in the working state
- Available for on-call Service, weekends and evenings as needed
- Previous experience in either the single-family or multi-family rental industry required.
- Must possess ability to work and cope well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing and tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with residents, and vendors/contractors tactfully and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills, communication and "people skills'.
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease.
- Must be knowledgeable of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR107349