Smart Home Product Manager
Smart Home Product Manager
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 40,000 homes in 19 of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Smart Home Product Manager will drive & innovate solutions relating to in home technology. This is an opportunity to join an established, growing team in a first-of-its-kind role where the product is critical to the success of the organization. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit for our Smart Home initiative. A strong technical and operational understanding of the uses of smart home technologies within the Single-Family Rental space will be crucial.
- Decision maker for the overall direction of the smart home program while understanding and defining the strategy and roadmap to all stakeholders
- Define Progress requirements relating to smart home technology including features, use cases and user acceptance
- Review and select vendors that will be certified into the Progress smart home program
- Assist in ensuring certified vendors have the integration needed to adapt to the Progress technology processes that ensure operational effectiveness
- Work with various hardware manufacturers to continually evolve our product offerings
- Partner with senior leaders defining the processes and procedures for selecting and rolling out the smart home initiative for Progress & it’s PR3 clients.
- Plan, support and execute the smart home product throughout its life cycle while communicating how the product is evolving to the business
- Work with stakeholders to deliver new requirement user stories with prioritized features and acceptance criteria
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure business requirements are met prior to production release
- Identify potential defects and help develop solutions for requirements that did not meet expected results
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system developers
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications –through written documentation – to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood
- Develop training and effectively communicate organizational change to all stakeholders
- Provide escalated support of the smart home product while coordinating resolutions through the carious certified vendors
- Define training needs for end user training
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews for modified and new processes and other post-implementation support
- Efficiency expert to ensure smart home product benefits the field users
- Make actionable recommendations on how the residents are utilizing smart home products
- Keep track of product performance through data collection and analysis
- Stay up to date on technology and market trends relating to smart home technologies
- Identify new trends and evaluate effectiveness for the Progress program
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred with 1-2 years of smart home, hotel technology or retail technology product management in a mid-size or larger organization preferred
- Experience deploying technology in a multi-unit business, ie hotels, retail, multi-family apartments, banking
- Technical understanding of Z-Wave, ZigBee, and other near field protocols
- Practical understanding of the use of IoT devices for residential use
- Proven troubleshooting skills including the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills with a team-player attitude
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members, management and other company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office
- Previous Salesforce experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.