Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Snowflake Architect will be responsible for architecting, designing, and building Data, BI & Analytics solutions for the organization. The data architect must have a passion for developing enterprise-wide data architecture considering both the current and future needs of business. This role needs constant engagement working closely with both technology and business leadership including executive management and providing a strategic direction to the organization in terms of Data and BI.
This position should have a full understanding of the tools, platforms and technologies and data produced, collected & used by the organization.
* Expertise in data technologies building Data & BI solutions for an organization.
* Prior experience working as a data architect in a reputed firm is a must.
* Ability to design models end to end from source systems ELT pipelines to reporting data designs.
* Must have implemented from an architectural standpoint at least 2 end to end Snowflake cloud data warehouse and at least 3 end to end data warehouse implementations in any other technologies.
* Prior experience in building highly scalable, cloud-native Data & BI solutions using Snowflake & Looker using best practices in DWH and ETL concepts is required.
* Develop roadmap and plans to build out models covering end to end property management lifecycle
* Experience in evaluating data technologies and deployment / administration would be an advantage.
* Assist management in the development and execution of data based strategic plans & roadmaps.
* Perform gap analysis of current architecture and implementations against strategic roadmaps
* Evaluate new technology for inclusion in our stack & lead high level designs and prototyping initiatives
* Develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
* Undertake initiatives to drive down the cost of development
* Identify and train development teams on best practices
* The candidate must participate in strategy discussion with all levels of management and business sponsors.
* Should be able to work with multiple source system SMEs to design data solutions.
* Should be able to work with Data Engineers and guide them on architecture and design.
* Should be able to troubleshoot problems across infrastructure, platform, and application domains.
* Work closely with Engineering Directors and VP to understand the technology roadmap and assist in enforcing the enterprise architecture standards
* Capture, mitigate and /or escalate risks & issues in a timely fashion
* Ensure development standards and consistency of specifications across sub-systems
* Write and/or review deliverables, solution blueprints, and architecture documentation
* BS in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education/experience; advanced degree preferred
* 15+ years of experience in Data Engineering with at least 8+ years' experience working as a Data Architect in a top US company.
* Expertise in Snowflake - Data modelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL or DBT, implementing complex stored procedures and using best practices in DWH and ETL concepts.
* Experience in ETL technologies like DBT, Informatica, Fivetran would be preferred.
* Expertise in Business Intelligence technologies like Looker, Power BI etc would be preferred.
* Experience in Data Migration from RDBMS to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
* Experience with cloud technologies like AWS would be preferred.
* Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods, and approaches (star and snowflake)
* Experience with data security and data access controls and design
* Experience with AWS and data storage management technologies such as S3.
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
* Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshoot
* Certified Snowflake cloud data warehouse Architect is preferred.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to communicate effectively with business owners
* Experience with entire software development lifecycle (Agile, SDLC, Iterative)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Flexibility and positive attitude to achieve tight deadlines
* Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
* Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.