Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress is looking for a highly detail-oriented Software Quality Assurance Engineer who will partner with our business applications & engineering teams to support us in the delivery of high-quality software releases across our enterprise systems. The engineer must contribute across the entire QA lifecycle, and will build expertise on all functional aspects of our systems. The engineer will develop and execute exploratory tests as well as automated tests that ensure the quality of our deliverables.
Responsibilities for this position include estimating, planning, coordinating testing activities, creating and reviewing test cases, reviewing and providing feedback on testing activities and requirement documentation provided by the business analysts. The QA engineer will be a team player taking regular feedback and guidance from our senior QA and engineering team members, as well as various business stakeholders to improve our technology platform. The role will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and development staff to resolve problems and improve processes
- Review requirements and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities based on priority and deadlines
- Design and execute manual or automation scripts using open source development tools
- Identify, record, document and track bugs to resolution
- Need to have the ability to multi-task and work through work related queues
- Integral part of deployment team, including deployment planning and testing
- Ability to master a working knowledge of business processes and systems
- Knowledge of project delivery techniques, practices, and change management procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with behavioral driven development (BDD) a strong plus
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and with Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and TestRail
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms is a strong plus
- Experience with database platforms is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a strong plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.