Strategic Capex Analyst
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Strategic Capex Analyst for the National Strategic Capex team is a remote position that oversees central management of property inspections by third party inspection vendors, scope reviews for required capital improvement, desktop estimating and budgeting. The position will provide process support for the Strategic Capex function in multiple markets. Working in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, this position will provide property level review/approval for scopes of work (i.e. property improvement estimates), create scopes of work/ desk estimates using site gathered photography and related responsibilities as required. This includes, but not limited to price verifications and troubleshooting of issues. This position will also be capable of evaluating 3rd party inspections, vendor bids, roof reports, and structural reports from the markets for various key components such as; Roofing condition and application, Attached Wood Structures such as decks, Siding and Cladding, and various structural and life safety aspects of residential construction.
* Review and/or build scopes (capex improvement estimates) to determine the labor, vendor and material needs for completing a project based on Company standards; provide approvals for scopes to internal coordinators
* Review scopes to verify items and direct rework or rebid items; advises internal stakeholders
* Advises internal stakeholders on issues requiring resolution
* Support the Asset Management team through answering questions on scopes and resolving disparities between underwriting and submitted scopes
* Coordinate and schedule work through the Capex Central Project Coordinator team
* Collaborate with peers and other partners on scheduled calls to discuss outcomes, quality of work, training needs and process improvements
* Associates degree or equivalent work/field experience
* Five or more years of experience as scope reviewer, cost estimator, construction management or residential construction insurance adjustment experience
* Capable of building a property improvement scope of work in conjunction with an aligning project schedule for key tasks
* Excellent computer skills: experience in Excel, Word and Outlook
* Strong knowledge of wood framing, deck construction, roofing, siding/ cornice, plumbing, electrical, HVAC
* Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
* Good communication skills (both oral & written); ability to work with a wide range of internal and external customers
* Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
* Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
* An effective team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to work remotely
* May require some weekends
* Bachelors degree in related discipline
* Formal training in construction management preferred
* Construction rehab experience with ground up single-family history a plus
* Experience with "RenoWalk" and "Salesforce" software is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.