Systems Administrator IT
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Systems Administrator position delivers superior hardware and software support for the Progress Residential Cloud Infrastructure, corporate office, and the field office locations. This position will assist the Infrastructure team in building a best-in-class technology support function within a fast-growing organization.
- Works closely with the IT Infrastructure team to aid with the day-to-day operations of the Progress corporate and field office IT infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Works with vendors to assist in all support activities.
- Provides coordination and hands-on turn up of new infrastructure (servers, network connectivity, wireless access points, and phone systems) at all field offices/Cloud
- Provides administrative functions on Office 365
- Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical servers and equipment including corporate phone systems.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Monitor the team ticket queue and respond to Incident and Service Request tickets within the SLA (Service Level Agreement) specific timeframe.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, client support and systems development staff to assist with work.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for Progress to take advantage of innovative technology.
- Provide high level technical support to employees in corporate office as well as field office locations.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Become intimately familiar with the architecture of our AWS/Azure based systems and be responsible for drilling down to code level and logs
- Selecting the appropriate AWS/Azure service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Devise, develop, and champion cloud based best practices.
- Able to investigate, test, and deploy new technologies where little documentation exists.
- Provide proactive support, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnostics and problem resolution across cloud environments.
- High School Diploma required, some technical school or college preferred.
- 4 or more years’ experience in Systems Administration or equivalent education.
- Proven experience and attitude around providing outstanding customer service.
- The ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines and the availability to work after-hours when necessary for applicable maintenance tasks.
- Effectively present information to employees, customers and top management.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment experience and administration.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Carbon Black, Cylance, CrowdStrike EDR experience preferred
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools, techniques to increase (infrastructure and solutions) performance, automation and scalability.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows 10 as well as Windows Sever 2016-2019 operating systems.
- Palo Alto Background a major plus (not required)
- Intermediate networking experience required
- Knowledge of configuring/maintaining virtual environments (VMWare vCenter/vSphere/ESX/AWS/Azure)
- 2+ Years' experience with Microsoft Azure – Managing and supporting Servers, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Mimecast/Proofpoint Experience a plus
- Scripting/automation is necessary – PowerShell (Preferred), Python, Azure PowerShell.
- 2+ Years managing Active Directory and a firm understanding of active directory services
- The ability to design, implement, and manage cloud infrastructure, platforms, and applications that are scalable, secure, cost effective, and can meet evolving mission needs.
- May require some travel to field office locations, estimated at 20%.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.