Team Lead Customer Care - Call Center
Team Lead Customer Care - Call Center
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Customer Service/Support
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Customer Care Team Lead provides outstanding service to Progress residents and to their teammates. The Customer Care Team Lead acts as the first point of escalation for the customer care center’s inbound and outbound calls, emails, and online chats. Responsibilities include day to day employee management ensuring SLA’s are met, motivating, recognition, coaching, counseling, training, and problem solving. The ideal candidate possesses excellent customer service skills, analytical thinking, and experience managing associates in a call center environment. This position will be under direct supervision of the Director, Customer Contact Center. This position is committed to providing a best-in-class experience to our residents, prospects, and vendors (realtors, HOAs, etc.).
- Provides daily direction and communication to employees so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Creates and continuously evaluates processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve operations, efficiency, and service to internal and external customers
- Communicates daily, weekly and monthly metrics for the department and team
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member
- Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Works with the Director, Customer Contact Center to ensure all escalated issues are researched and resolved
- Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Proactively identifies root causes of issues and makes recommendations for process improvements future state.
- Assists in special projects or assignments as needed by the business
- Courteously and professionally interact with Customer Center Associates, prospects, residents, and vendors within established response times
- Technically astute with systems, reporting, tools, and processes
- Documents, details and saves updates and responses in Salesforce
- Conducts customized conversations (phone & chat) by modifying pre-approved scripts
- Logs detailed contact notes into Salesforce
- Creates and modifies Work Orders and Guest Cards in Yardi (property management system)
- Identifies and reports potential communication opportunities based on trends in conversations
- Records and enters all contacts daily
- Takes on additional projects as requested
- Acts as primary floor support for associates
- Monitors the inbound queues and coordinates Associates daily schedules and phone activity
- Maintains quick and efficient flow of inbound and outbound calls
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree, BS/BA degree in business or related service experience a plus
- Contact Center experience required
- Experience managing customer service associates in a fast paced, call center environment
- Familiar with call center metrics, reporting and call monitoring
- Experience working productively with a disbursed workforce via the telephone and technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet applications
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to feedback and requested changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, genuinely friendly, and approachable
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to work a flexible shift and hours including weekends
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to maintain response times
- Able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Able to listen effectively, to find the root cause of issues, and communicate clearly and in a friendly way to solve the issues and keep our customers happy
- Able to communicate via phone, email, or live chat, by writing well and using correct grammar
- Able to handle confused or irate customers patiently and politely, even in stressful situations and able to de-escalate difficult situations
- Exemplary customer focus
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- Experience with property management and lease review a plus
- Experience working with Yardi and Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.