Vendor Management Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Vendor Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the process of the contracting qualified vendor suppliers who provide home improvement, maintenance, and/or repair services to the regional markets of Progress Residential. Once a vendor is onboarded successfully, the role provides life cycle support to ensure that the vendor fulfills their contractual obligations and that the respective leaders in the various geographic markets are well-served by the portfolio of contracted vendors.
- Collaborate with Regional Vendor Manager to source vendor leads and data input relevant information into Salesforce for further prospecting
- Invites qualified prospects to participate in vendor onboarding
- Oversees the process steps including contacting the vendor prospects, working with the 3rd party license and insurance verification compliance vendor, as well as the internal Compliance Manager
- Issues Service Agreements with corresponding Price Addendums to new vendors
- Refers prospective vendors to applicable supplier manufacturer programs to vet for vendor attainment of specific program standards
- Hands off new prospective vendor to Regional Vendor Manager for additional onboarding steps as well as loops in the Procurement Systems Coordinator to generate access to vendor order management software tools
- Implements new or modified standards to contracted vendors, such as new pricing, new national supplier manufacturer programs, and applicable new internal processes
- Provides weekly reporting to Regional Vendor Manager and Procurement leadership identifying current sourcing status by market
- At least two (2) years of experience in an office environment where primary work responsibilities involved administering a standard work process
- Ability to work in an environment where many different process transactions are occurring concurrently and accomplish assigned work within the expected timeframes
- At least one (1) year of experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Strong computer literacy, including an experience with data entry and associated reporting from business application software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel (e.g., use of basic functions, etc.); Word (e.g., basic document formatting, etc.); and Outlook (e.g., message composition/formatting, meeting scheduling, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write with clarity to a variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience working with contracted vendors as a primary business stakeholder preferred
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM and Yardi Vendor Café preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.