VP of Business Technology
VP of Business Technology
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
Reporting directly to the CTO, the VP of Business Technology’s role is to plan, coordinate, direct, and design operational technology activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Operations will include database architecture, application management, marketing technologies and new investments in smarthome technologies and a resident portal. This individual will collaborate directly with all management teams and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organization.
This position will be part of a dynamic team that is dedicated to managing applications and prudcts for high-quality, on-time releases with a focus on how to enable the operations of those applications through a combination of solutioning, continuous delivery & integration, and efficient system sustainment planning.
In addition, the VP of Biz Tech’s primary goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization. This role will begin building a team of application/product owners, database administrators and other business centric technology managers. Individual will provide vision and leadership for continued development and implementing information technology initiatives across all areas of the organization.
- Act as an advocate for the organization’s business technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with their responsible technology investments & overall lifecycle management.
- Develop team consisting of Marketing technology, Smarthome technology, database & application managers that service our various business stakeholders while managing those programs life cycles.
- Evaluate current business systems and relevant processes and recommend better solutions to improve organizational efficienciy.
- Streamline processes through technology initiatives.
- Ensure continuous management of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or business administration. Master’s degree in either of these fields with technology as a core component preferred.
- 7 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation focused on application the life cycle.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Seasoned, cross-functional leader with a focus on UX/CX, & full lifecycle management.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, database platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Saleforce application experience will be critical to this roles success.
- Sound background in various marketing analytical technologies.
- Extensive experience in various database platforms including SQL, Redshift, & Snowflake.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and life cycle management.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.