Vice President of Data Strategy
Vice President of Data Strategy
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
NOTE = This position is located in Scottsdale, AZ working at the Corporate office Monday-Friday.
NOTE = At this time, we are unable to accommodate Sponsorship.
The VP of Data Strategy is a data & analytics leader experienced in designing, planning, monitoring and improving the organizations data science functions. This individual must be able to harness the vast amounts of data to optimize business results. Building a team of quants and developers to manage existing Single Family Rental analytics platform is expected.
- Create data mining and analytics architectures, coding standards, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies
- Establish links across existing data sources and find new, interesting mashups
- Coordinate data resource requirements between analytics team and engineering teams
- Work with product managers, engineers, and analytics team members to translate prototypes into production
- Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures
- Develop best practices for analytics instrumentation and experimentation
- Sourcing raw data from SQL databases, cleaning and validating data
- Using in house analytic platforms and libraries to value and bid portfolios, evaluate performance, and build models for the real estate business
- Evaluate and integrate third party analytics and data
- Assist with migration of apps and code libraries onto AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field AND Seven (7) years of relevant work experience OR
- Master’s degree in a related field AND Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Experience with ETL processes in Python and SQL. Should demonstrate familiarity with typical data analysis, modeling, and visualization tools and libraries (e.g., pandas, scipy, sklearn, numpy, statsmodels, tensorflow, and Jupyter)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present data and analysis clearly and professionally to other team members and to non-quantitative end-users
- The candidate should be a collaborative team player who is highly professional, respectful, and honest
- As part of the broader Analytics team, the candidate should be open to new ideas and willing to roll up their sleeves with colleagues to do what it takes to get the job done well
- The candidate should show aptitude to understand and analyze problems and apply critical thinking to ensure accuracy of solutions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.