VP of Process Improvement
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Vice President of Process Improvement will be responsible for analysis and process improvement for key operational areas throughout Progress Residential. Initial focus will be on the Renovations, Turns and Service (RTS) areas for the Company. The intent is for the role to independently analyze functions, processes and positions, working with operational leaders to evaluate efficiencies and recommend positive actions to enable better workforce functionality. The successful candidate will be able to both recommend improvements as well as communicate and partner with key stakeholders in the organization to effect action. This newly created position will be a high-profile role with the opportunity to implement meaningful, positive operational improvement in a rapidly growing organization.
- Analyze processes throughout the organization, initially focusing on RTS areas, to thoroughly understand inefficiencies based on time/motion type analysis and techniques
- Perform process simulations, field observations, analysis of financial data and key performance indicators (KPIs) to arrive at recommendations for process improvement and potential redesign of core processes, including service request function, home turns, resident move-in process, home inspections, resident move-out and releasing of homes
- Eventually will focus on all aspect of housing operations including leasing and renovations
- Initially manage one Analyst and Manager of Mechanical Systems, who will support studies and oversee strategy for HVAC, Appliances and major home systems for the Company
- Collaborate with the SVP Data Operations within the Central RTS organization to utilize data to drive decisioning; partner with the data team on process improvement analysis
- Work with Senior Leaders throughout the organization to understand functional goals and recommend resulting improvements based on research of current processes, roles and position descriptions
- Develop, configure and optimize end-to-end organizational processes based on review and collaboration with functional teams impacted
- Perform risk assessments and root cause analyses
- Document observations and present information in relevant presentations to key stakeholders
- Effectively demonstrate to colleagues and stakeholders, through partnership and collaboration, how suggested process improvements will enable organizational effectiveness
Skills & Characteristics
- Proven work experience in process engineering and simulation analysis along with corresponding knowledge of process related measurement, standards and techniques
- Experience with using data to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to leverage past experiences and analytical abilities to understand management processes
- An aptitude for innovation and creativity that fuels an ability to reinvest processes; not just improve them
- Communication skills that convey and encompass a strong desire for efficiency and organization
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, execute, control, and complete projects of various magnitude
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills and ability to author messages for different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, utilize excellent active listening skills and collaborate across divisions, functions, cultures and levels internally and externally
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- Must be able to travel to markets as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required in industrial engineering or a related field, such as general engineering, business, economics, production design or manufacturing
- 8-10 years of related experience in process engineering, manufacturing or service industries
- Formal Time/Motion studies training
- Six Sigma Certification preferred, but not required
- Strong technical writing skills and presentation abilities
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.