Workforce Development Manager
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Workforce Development Manager will implement processes to ensure that Progress Residential’s workforce has the knowledge, skills, and overall competency to meet our current and future business needs. Additionally, the role is responsible for the development and delivery of regional, front line-specific training solutions in a manner that is effective, professional, and engaging, so that the business demands and learning requirements are met. This includes partnering with schools, teaching courses, facilitating discussions, writing courses, coaching regional training champions, and partnering with subject-matter experts and leaders to create learning programs and assess learning needs. The Workforce Development Manager will also play a key role in recruiting and onboarding at the market level. This role requires travel across the US as well as national meetings and training events. Expected travel for this role is 50%-75% of the time.
* Develop and design comprehensive, unique learning solutions from start to completion; create specific training content aligned with training best practices.
* Create a robust apprenticeship or entry-level technician program using industry specific curriculum programs such as the NCCER.
* Identify, implement and manage nationally recognized skill based curriculums to facilitate the growth and development of front line employees.
* Partner with and develop strong relationships with leading technical schools and colleges across the US to increase the knowledge, skills and abilities of the next generation and build talent pipelines.
* Provide interview, hiring and onboarding support for regional markets to increase throughput.
* Maintain an internal network of subject matter experts (SMEs) to effectively identify key business challenges and develop an appropriate approach to improve learning effectiveness, support key roles and address business needs.
* Drive solutions that focus on increasing core skills, capabilities, and proficiency in craft and front line supervisor roles.
* Assess current training programs and skills throughout the front line population and suggest modifications that enhance the learners' performance as well as the learning experience and skills advancement.
* Deliver the Train-the-Trainer program to expand the reach of training and development programs.
* Act as a learning consultant and trusted advisor to the business.
* Research and test various learning technologies and solutions to improve learning engagement, development of talent, retention, and behavior change.
* Develop and formalize processes to gather learning data, analyze and communicate training effectiveness and impact.
* Bachelor’s degree (HR, Business Administration, Learning and Development, Education, or other related fields) or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* Knowledge of adult learning theories and learning and development best practices.
* Previous experience working in a front line/craft position for a residential construction firm is preferred.
* 3-5 years related experience developing and implementing training solutions or executing projects/programs.
* Experience designing and developing instructional materials in a variety of media preferred
* Must be flexible to deliver training in a variety of formats: classroom, virtual, on-the-job, synchronous, asynchronous, etc.
* Ability to describe technical concepts in a way that makes them easily understandable, digestible, and relatable.
* Technical aptitude and demonstrated experience leveraging learning technologies and tools that integrate with and support learning activities.
* Experience demonstrating the effectiveness of learning solutions through measurement, analysis, and reporting required.
* Strong communication and presentation skills with proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and other course development tools
* Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative to create new programs and drive national outcomes, balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Spanish Bilingual Preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR107046